Our client is world's largest biotechnology
company. Since its founding in 1980, the company (with almost 20,000 employees worldwide) - has grown into a leading organization in the field of human medicines with an outstanding track record of delivering high-quality medicines.
At their European site in Breda
, medicines are assembled, packaged, stored and labelled, provided with patient information leaflets and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide. The Dutch sales organization is also responsible for the availability of the medicines and clinical trials in the Netherlands. Every day more than 600 people in the Netherlands are working on supply chain processes, engineering, marketing and sales of medicines and clinical research into new medicines.
The Process Development department
is responsible for creating production and packaging capability for the products. Projects are driven by new packaging configurations, product changes, new market requirements and equipment lifecycle updates and are implemented in a manufacturing and warehousing environment.
The Engineering team
is coordinating the design of new equipment and the redesign for existing equipment. Currently there is need for an additional…..
SENIOR EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
The EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
is part of this team and is an expert on advanced engineering techniques. You are working closely together with the Sr Equipment Engineer
and Project Manager
to ensure projects are completed within schedule, budget and quality requirements.
As SENIOR EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
, you will work in a project team with different areas of expertise. With your technical savviness, agile mindset and drive to continuously improve, you will contribute to maximizing our manufacturing capabilities!
What are the key-responsibilities?
- Support investigations and develop technical solutions to complex problems requiring the regular use of ingenuity and creativity;
- Draw up equipment specifications based on material, compliance and system owner requirements;
- Support vendor selection and provide input for the conceptual design based on equipment specifications;
- Support detailed engineering and approve design documentation;
- Work closely together with the vendor during the build phase and trouble-shoot where necessary;
- Prepare and execute characterization challenges through experiments in which parameters are intentionally varied to determine their effect on the area effectiveness and performance;
- Support the test phase both at the vendor and on-site together with the engineering team;
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments in related fields;
- Support business units in continuous improvements efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or Automation);
- Typically 8+ years of relevant work experience with 6+ years in operations / manufacturing environment
- Broad technical knowledge;
- Direct experience with regulated environment (GMP, OSHA, EPA);
- Occasionally willing to travel;
- Fluently English, both in oral and written communication;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
For more information, please contact Niels Dirven
on +31 (0)13 206 2006 or email@example.com