Your new company
Our client is an American global manufacturer of commercial flooring . The client places a huge emphasis on doing business in a sustainable way. The role is hybrid with the main offices in Scherpenzeel client is looking for a Accounts Payable Analyst to join their finance team.
Your new role
For this role you will need to process and verify incoming invoices, expense claims and bank transactions in line with legal and internal procedure within the financial shared service centre in Scherpenzeel. Identify and execute AP related projects, improve AP processes and AP related IT tools. You will be reporting directly to Accounts Payable Team Leader.
What you need to succeed
- Execute AP activities to achieve department and company goals in an effective and efficient way.
- Execute data entry, validation, and processing of AP invoices and employee travel expenses in line with legal and internal requirements within JD Edwards
- Process bank statements (incoming and outgoing payments) to ensure accurate allocations and minimal unallocated cash.
- Create, review and process domestic and foreign payments.
- Allocate debit and credit notes and write-off of cash discounts in association with the credit management department.
- Analyse accounts payable- and purchasing ledgers and explain outstanding balances
- Review, analyse and explain outstanding purchase orders
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Account master creation and maintenance.
- Work closely together with the general ledger, purchasing and shipping departments.
- Assist in internal and external audits.
- Give assistance during month end closing to other teams
- Act as key-user for AP related IT systems
- Identify system improvements;
- Keep process descriptions up to date;
- Assist in on-boarding of new AP staff;
- Identify and participate in projects to improve AP efficiency;
- Identify and implement AP process improvements;
- Support the AP Team Lead by creating ad-hoc analyses and reports;
- Replace & backup AP Team Lead when necessary.
You have 3+ years of experience with a minimum of MBO level education. This is an English speaking role, having Dutch is a bonus. The candidate ideally has thorough knowledge of financial accounting, reporting and relevant fiscal legislation. Experience with ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards. You should be IT-skilled, proactive, can do attitude and improvement driven. You have great communication skills and can work well with multiple teams and stakeholders.
What you get in return
As Accounts Payable Analyst you will operate in an exciting and dynamic environment that allows you to grow personally and professionally. Our client offers a competitive salary package, a fixed allowance of 8%, 25 holidays, 13 additional holidays (ADV) pension plan, travel allowance and working from home financial support. Besides this, you will get to work within an international organisation with a broad scope of responsibilities.
What you need to do now
Is this the vacancy you have been looking for? Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘apply’ button or send your CV to Ieva.Kuliesaite@hays.com #1044845