Agile Project Manager I Freelance I Hybrid I Remote I Amsterdam I SCM I Supply Chain Management
For our client, Dutch world's most international brewer, we are looking for an Agile Project Manager.
Team and department: Global Digital & Technology / Agile Acceleration / Agile Project & Programme Management
Location: Amsterdam, Hybrid
The Agile PPM area is responsible for transforming the existing project, programme and portfolio delivery and methodology into a way of working that fits in the Agile Company context. Traditional PgM/PM focuses on upfront planning where factors like scope, costs and time are important. Agile PgM/PM gives prominence to customer collaboration, teamwork and flexibility. It is an iterative approach that focuses on incorporating customer feedback and continuous releases.
The Agile Project Manager manages and delivers a project in accordance with D&T and Agile processes and governance. He or she drives business value optimization and prioritization in alignment with the Product Teams and Functional Domains. Agile Project managers can drive projects in a traditional, but mostly in an Agile manner and embed the Agile way of working.
Delivery & Business Value
- Manage all aspects of delivering the complete solution/product in such a way that business value optimization is secured;
- Confirm business requirements (Functional and non-Functional), solution architecture and defining the projects boundary and what is in and out of scope, including alignment with the Product Teams; This includes shaping the delivery approach depending on the context.
- Define and manage a project in order to optimize business value;
- Ensure business requirements are translated into solutions and products that are in line with the IT strategy, enterprise architecture and current products within the Product Teams;
- Monitor and report on planning, progress, business value, dependencies, impediments, financials and risks in accordance with the Agile way of working;
- Develop and manage the execution, deployment and transition plans across the Product Teams, functions and OpCos;
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks and impediments during the lifecycle of the project;
- Define, plan, request and secure resources/skills to meet project and programme requirements;
- Ensure an One way of Working within the Agile Project Management team;
- Ensure (and monitor) that transitions in the business are guided professionally and in alignment with amongst others D&T, Functional Domains, Competence Centers and the Regional IT Leads and monitor transition progress;
- Being able to effectively leverage IT partners will be key, also to not impact the roadmap itself not dependent initiatives (such as a large scale ERP harmonization initiative).
- Alignment with the team(s) contributing to the Transport Excellence initiative will be key, to manage timelines, to manage dependencies etc. Examples: interfaces, identity management and connectivity.
- Frequent alignment with Product Owners and Functional Domains in order to maximize risk reduction, identify interdependencies, manage impediments and optimize business value;
- Alignment with Product Owner with regards to setting project goals, adapting to changing project requirements and setting priorities for product features;
- Frequent alignment with the Scrum Master with regards the prioritization of the tasks and impediments in the Product Teams. Ensuring minimal disruption to the involved Product Team’s ability to complete their work;
- Alignment with Agile Program Manager whenever a project is part of a complex program;
- Manage dependencies that influence the successful execution of the overall project and the business value and closely collaborate with impacted stakeholders within D&T, Functional Domain, OpCo and external stakeholders;
- Facilitating Product Owner in challenging stakeholders when a chosen solution is not in line with the HEINEKEN strategy;
Embedding the Agile way of working
- Drive and manage projects in an Agile manner;
- Promote and demonstrate core principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility (being an Agile ambassador).
- Master’s degree;
- Agile Programme Management certifications are preferred (e.g. CSM, PMI-APC, APMG);
- Professional qualification in a structured, industry-accepted standard (Agile) project management methodology (advanced) Practitioner and/or Managing Successful Programmes (advanced) Practitioner)
- Has enough technical depth and affinity with the products to understand development and delivery issues within the teams and judge their relative importance;
- Has the courage to be innovative: embracing IT innovation and technological possibilities to capitalize on opportunities to automate activities (identifies and uses proper tools and processes);
- Can identify and manage interdependencies and optimize business value;
- Uses reflection, open discussion and trust to help the Product Teams to grow and develop;
- Is able to create an environment in which the self-confidence and proactivity of the teams can blossom.
- Positive and problem solving skills; not listing excuses, get things done.
- Is able to create a common purpose within the project in which collaboration and mutual accountability are key;
- Establish an environment in which the self-confidence and proactivity of the teams can blossom;
- Strong stakeholder management and excellent communication skills.
- Can deal with pressure and continuously determines the right priorities.
- Strong in budget management (cost & value) on different levels including yearly plan, periodic rolling forecasts and tracking on the level of operating company deployments.
Relevant and recent experience in;
- Supply Chain area, preferably logistics or even transport & delivery management solutions is preferred. Experience with hubs is a pre.
- FMCG industry, multi-national, intercontinental and global-operating company dynamics.
- Close cooperation with other deployments leads/external project managers who focus on a sub-part of the program.
- Experience and affinity with SAP ERP/ECC and its integrating with logistics business platforms is a preference.
- Proven experience in leading transformational projects in developing centralised capabilities and setup, migrate and deployment to Operating Companies in multiple geographic locations, time zones and cultures simultaneously.
- Experience in business transformation and change management considering process re-design and target operating model optimization.
- Experience in managing external vendors, resources and contracts
- Experience with industrialization and large scale, parallel deployments.
- Proven ability to translate complex technical concepts to business language and vice versa while keeping things simple.