This role is part of the Global Digital & Technology (D&T) department, Agile Acceleration (ACE) department and the Agile Project & Programme Management (Agile PPM) area. D&T is proud to bring cutting-edge innovation, strong technology and advanced analytics.
The ACE team supports the hybrid organisational structure of D&T owned products and functional owned products. The goal is to support the already established Agile organisation and its Product Teams in order to increase agility, efficiency and effectiveness in delivery and on the other hand transition the remaining domains of D&T into the Agile way of working.
The Agile PPM area is responsible for transforming the existing project, programme and portfolio delivery and methodology into a way of working that fits in the Agile context of the company. Traditional PgM/PM focuses on upfront planning where factors like scope, costs and time are important. Agile PgM/PM gives prominence to customer collaboration, teamwork and flexibility. It is an iterative approach that focuses on incorporating customer feedback and continuous releases. The Agile Project Manager manages and delivers a project in accordance with D&T and Agile processes and governance. He or she drives business value optimization and prioritization in alignment with the Product Teams and Functional Domains. Agile Project managers can drive projects in a traditional, but mostly in an Agile manner and embed the Agile way of working. The Agile Project Manager will be responsible for managing OpCo deployments within the Data Prime programme. Objective of Data Prime is to deploy the new Data & Analytics platform based on Azure (and partly the existing SAP/B1) to OpCos and Functions including the Data Management Capability (Governance, Lineage and Quality) supported by the Data Management Suite (Collibra, PowerMe and Ataccama). As part of this deployment OpCos and Functions will rationalize and migrate their existing data and analytics solutions to the new platform (if applicable) and decommission them.
Key Responsibilities: Delivery & Business Value
- Manage all aspects of delivering the complete solution/product, in such a way that business value optimization is secured;
- Confirm business requirements (Functional and non-Functional), solution architecture and defining the projects boundary and what is in and out of scope, including alignment with the Product Teams;
- Define and manage a project in order to optimize business value;
- Ensure business requirements are translated into solutions and products that are in line with the IT strategy, enterprise architecture and current products within the Product Teams;
- Monitor and report on planning, progress, business value, dependencies, impediments, financials and risks in accordance with the Agile way of working;
- Develop and manage the execution, deployment and transition plans across the Product Teams, functions and OpCos;
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks and impediments during the lifecycle of the project;
- Define, plan, request and secure resources/skills to meet project and programme requirements;
- Ensure a One way of Working within the Agile Project Management team;
- Ensure (and monitor) that transitions in the business are guided professionally and in alignment with amongst others D&T, Functional Domains, Competence Centers and the Regional IT Leads and monitor transition progress;
- Frequent alignment with Product Owners and Functional Domains in order to maximize risk reduction, identify interdependencies, manage impediments and optimize business value;
- Alignment with Product Owner with regards to setting project goals, adapting to changing project requirements and setting priorities for product features;
- Frequent alignment with the Scrum Master with regards the prioritization of the tasks and impediments in the Product Teams. Ensuring minimal disruption to the involved Product Team’s ability to complete their work;
- Alignment with Agile Program Manager whenever a project is part of a complex program;
- Manage dependencies that influence the successful execution of the overall project and the business value and closely collaborate with impacted stakeholders within D&T, Functional Domain, OpCo and external stakeholders;
- Facilitating Product Owner in challenging stakeholders when a chosen solution is not in line with the company strategy;
Embedding the Agile way of working
- Drive and manage projects in an Agile manner;
- Promote and demonstrate core principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility (being an Agile ambassador).
Reports to : Agile Programme Manager Position profile
Agile mindset For the company, the agile mind-set is centred on four principles; focus on customer value, power to the teams, start quick and smart and learn relentlessly. As an Agile Project Manager you own these principles and integrate them in the daily life. Self-reflection, adaptability, collaboration and resilience come natural to you and make you thrive in an Agile environment. Engaging with these characteristics and become more self-aware of personal strengths and weaknesses, makes majors strides in development of yourself and others. Qualifications:
- Master’s degree;
- Agile Programme Management certifications are preferred (e.g. CSM, PMIAPC, APMG);
- Professional qualification in a structured, industry-accepted standard (Agile) project management methodology (advanced) Practitioner and/or Managing
Successful Programmes (advanced) Practitioner) Skills Experience
- Has enough technical depth and affinity with the products to understand development and delivery issues within the teams and judge their relative importance;
- Has the courage to be innovative: embracing IT innovation and technological possibilities to capitalize on opportunities to automate activities (identifies and uses proper tools and processes);
- Can identify and manage interdependencies and optimize business value;
- Uses reflection, open discussion and trust to help the Product Teams to grow and develop;
- Is able to create an environment in which the self-confidence and proactivity of the teams can blossom.
- Positive and problem solving skills;
- Is able to create a common purpose within the project in which collaboration and mutual accountability are key;
- Establish an environment in which the self-confidence and proactivity of the teams can blossom;
- Strong stakeholder management and excellent communication skills.
Relevant and recent experience in:
- Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics projects, preferably based on the Microsoft Azure technology stack
- Data Management capability (Governance, Lineage, Quality) and tooling
(preferably Collibra, PowerMe and Ataccama)
- Proven experience in leading transformational projects in developing centralised capabilities and migrate and deployment to Operating
Companies in multiple geographic locations, time zones and cultures
- Experience in business transformation and change management considering process re-design and target operating model optimization.
- Experience in managing external vendors, resources and contracts
- Proven ability to translate complex technical concepts to business language and vice versa.