Your New Job
We are a dynamic company and supplier of machines for the corrugated packaging industry. From their office in Almere, The Netherlands, machines and spare parts are sold to customers all over Europe, South America, North and South Africa, Middle East and Russia. Machines are built by our headquarters in Japan as well as by subcontractors in Europe. In addition: installations of new machines, service (contracts and troubleshooting) and machine maintenance is delivered by their dedicated customer team of specialised field service engineers in Europe to the client base.
As Assistant Field Technical Manager you are the direct support of the Field Technical Manager and on occasion will act as back-up. You will support the Field Technical Manager in coordinating our engineers to various assignments. In preparation you collect all documentation which are required for the engineers to do their job. This also means that you have to work closely with the Engineering Manager whom is responsible for providing the correct drawings e.t.c. required for the job.
The role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Weekly coordinating and scheduling the required manpower for field service jobs and installations of machines including travel arrangements with field technical Manager. In collaboration with Field Technical Manager and Engineering Manager, prepare the proper technical information for engineers so that they can perform their work at site well prepared. Have clear instructions and drawings available.
- Follow up field service reports by reviewing them After approval of the Field Technical Manager share these with the customer.
- Occasionally you will have meetings with customers.have meetings with customers. This could be trough WebEx or Skype instead of physically attending a meeting..
- Preparation of scheduled field service jobs. Make sure that engineers receive all the necessary drawings and documents at least four weeks before the start of the installation. Ensure engineers they have the latest version of all documentation including drawings.
- Preparations of safety documents (safe working procedures at site) based on the customers’ demands and our requirements.
- Development of standard job procedures.
- Distribution, follow-up and amendments of technical documents including drawings Make sure that the engineers always have the latest version of the drawings. You will have to check this with the Engineering Manager. Register documents / drawings send from our Japan HQ per project and store / share these in a proper way.
- Follow up the daily reports from Field Service Engineers during installation work on site. Check whether everything is going according to plan and if the engineers has any issues make sure you can act / support in time. If required escalate to the Field Technical Manager.
- Follow-up on warranty request and the technical support for local parts procurement
- Strong written and oral communication in Dutch and English (French,
- Project planning
- Relationship builder
- Organizational skills
- Problem Solving
- Representative, customer friendly flexible attitude
- Team player and leader
- Motivate others
- Calm under pressure
About the company
Education / Qualification
- Polytechnic school (MBO 4 / HBO, mechanical) with knowledge of electrical and/or electronics
- Technical knowledge: must be able to fully understand the technical details involved in the job
- Being an engineer for several years
- International driver license is required
- Employee has between 2 – 4 years of experience in a similar job within the corrugated industry
- Employee has experience with international groups
We are a dynamic company and supplier of machines for the corrugated packaging industry. Our HQ is in Japan and we have contractors in The Netherlands, machines and spare parts are sold to customers all over Europe, South America, North and South Africa, Middle East and Russia.
Good first and secondary benefits
Apply for this vancancy
Are you interested in this vacancy? Then click on 'Apply' and send us an up-to-date CV by calling Rudi Nefkens via +31 6 37383002 or though his email: firstname.lastname@example.orgIf this vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for, but you are looking for a different position, please contact us to discuss your career options.