This role is part of the Global Digital & Technology (D&T) department. D&T is proud to bring cutting-edge innovation, strong technology and advanced analytics. With speed and agility we ensure the client has the technological competitive advantages it needs to deliver on its ambition.
The Azure Data platform solution architect and engineer is part of the Data Platform Product team and is one of the professionals who, together with the agile devops team, work of delivering a releasable increment of the data solutions and platform product at the end of each sprint.
The Azure Data platform solution architect and engineer is focussed at the technical implementation of the functional requirements. The central Data Platform team (AEP) is responsible for the common data technology platform, technical standards and development of data solutions on the platform.
The role will be part of the Data Platform product team which consist of internal team members and partners across multiple regions and locations.
Description of activities:
The Azure role will be working as part of the product devops team and supports the designing, building and delivering of expertise and support to features and agile projects related to the Analytics domain. The majority of the time, the architect will be involved in multiple analytics use cases and projects and define and resolve the objectives of these analytics use cases from a platform technology perspective.
Our Analytical Solutions are created on a central Analytics Platform. This central platform is based on Azure cloud technology ranging from data lake, data bricks, SQL/Synapse, ML Studio, PowerBI and related Azure components to build complete analytics solutions. Next to the Azure components a significant part of the platform is based on SAP technology (BW4HANA, HANA Native, SAP Business Objects).
Skills & Expertise requested:
The ideal candidate has:
• 5+ years’ experience required in a similar role / a complex international environment / FMCG industry
• Strong/proven experience in and expert knowledge of Azure Data & Analytics PaaS and SaaS components
o Azure data lake storage & ingestion using Azure Data Factory
o Using Azure Databricks for transformations & processing data
o Azure SQL & Synapse for modelling and serving data
o PowerBI and Azure ML Studio
o Azure devops & CI/CD experience
• Experience in and knowledge of SAP technology based BI & Analytics processes (SAP HANA, BW and processes (SLT, SDI, BODS) is a pre
• Strong experience in and expert knowledge of ETL and transformation technology across the different technologies.
Experience in bringing analytics & reporting solutions from idea and experiment to scalable production and supportable deployments
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
• Proven communication and stakeholder management skills, ability to effectively work with a variety of business and technical partners
• The ability to visualise and create high-level models (rigorous information-rich diagrams) that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture;
• Ability to operate within a complex environment and diverse teams.
• Have an Agile mind-set and operate as part of an Agile devops team
• Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise
• Able to work effectively and build relationships at all levels in an organisation.
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others with an energetic and positive mind-set
• A can-do and Hands-on attitude while dealing with some uncertainty in requirements & features to deliver MVP solutions #1043626
Techniek & Internet
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Rosita Akkerman, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Amsterdam