Cloud Storage Engineer
Starting date: asap
Extension: Yes (long term project)
Work type: Remote possible. Travel once a month onsite to Eindhoven for +/- 3 days.
Travel possibilities: Willing and able to travel whenever needed
Working hours: Flexibility needed to work late and on weekends
- A recently started new energetic team with the aim to be front-runner in enabling Cloud Services
- A team that is a big ambassador for DevSecOps way of working
- Collaboration opportunities with other IT and business teams
- A self-organizing team with flexibility in working hours and location
- A challenging environment which stimulates you to continuously develop yourself as an individual with coaching, experiments and room for failure
- An inspiring work environment
- A global company with offices around the globe
- As a Cloud Storage Engineer you are part of the project team, actively engaged in migrating workloads to the Public Cloud and in parallel ramping down Companys’s global datacenter footprint in the coming years. Company is looking for a Cloud Engineer who possesses a balance of technical proficiency, business knowledge, with strong communication skills.
- Company’s R&D IT’s Cloud program is currently in the process of rolling out a scalable, highly available, and resilient cloud solution based on these business needs.
- The Cloud Storage Engineer will work closely with project team member, operational teams and customers (other IT team and business lines) in order to support migrations from an on-premise storage solution into a Cloud environment.
- The project team you’re engaged in will focus on the transitions; after that the operational support teams will take over.
• Design, create and support tooling to support migration from an on-premised storage solution towards Cloud storage
• Creating and utilizing tools to monitor our applications and services in the cloud including system health indicators, trend identification, and anomaly detection
• Working with business line and development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient software running in the cloud
• Orchestrating and automating cloud-based tools to support the migration process
• Perform configuration management and disaster recovery tasks• Providing analytics and forecasts for cloud capacity, troubleshooting analysis, and uptime
• Analysing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimize software and system performance
• Basic LDAP knowledge.
• Proven track record in an alike role
• Design and implement system architecture with Azure cloud - Develop automation scripts, ARM templates, Ansible, Chef, Python, PowerShell Knowledge of Azure services like AKS, Azure Site Recovery, Network Watcher, Log Analytics, Application Insights Knowledge of enterprise design patterns and cloud design patterns- Knowledge on Cloud fundamentals like autoscaling, serverless
• Experience with one or more AWS features, tools and technologies such as EC2, EBS, Glacier, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambada, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS, Direct Connect, AWS CLI, REST API
• Background in EMC and NetApp solutions, and Backups using NetApp SnapVault and EMC Networker
• Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code: AWS or Azure environment and application automation utilizing CloudFormation and third-party tools
• Prior success in automating a real-world production environment with Puppet, Chef in production environments with many nodes
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Experience with agile/iterative methodologies required
• A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment
• Flexible in working schedule, as migrations will be carried out across the globe