Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
As part of our ambitious growth plans we are expanding our manufacturing and assembly capacity into Europe and are setting up a new high throughput plant (HTP) in the Rotterdam area. In close collaboration with our global teams we will be producing our next generation of satellites in state-of-the-art facilities.These satellites will be instrumental to our goal of building an accurate and up-to-date picture of our world and the many forces that reshape it every day.
About the team
You will be a part of the Electronics team. This role will be responsible for participating in the preparation, testing and assembly of electronic components as well as developing and continuously improving the processes to build satellites.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
Greater Rotterdam Area - At Satellogic we encourage virtual collaboration and teaming across our distributed global workforce and pride ourselves in our flexible and autonomous work culture. For roles that support teams with physical presence in our manufacturing plant we would expect a degree of on-site presence.
About the position
As an Electronics Technician, your main responsibility will be to make sure that the electrical components are being delivered in time and according to our quality standards. This is done in an interesting yet delicate manufacturing process which is partly automated and partly done by hand. You will be participating in the preparation, testing and assembly of these electrical parts. Together with the rest of the team you will also continuously improve our production processes.
Experience & Skills
- Participate in the production of electrical assemblies
- Participate in quality control processes
- Work for extended periods in a cleanroom environment using the necessary protective equipment
- Assist in wiring preparation, mechanical and electronic integration
- Assist in the creation of instruction manuals
- Develop good practices, routines and innovative solutions to enhance efficiency in processes and quality results
- MBO Niv. 4 - Aeronautic / Aviation technician (Vliegtuigtechniek), electronics technician (Elektrotechniek), industrial electronics technician or similar studies (Mechatronica, Technicus engineering)
- Complementary education and or experience in micro soldering, PCB repairs and SMD soldering
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a comparable technical environment with a small scale production
- We are an international company, so you feel comfortable with communicating in English; Dutch would be a plus
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.Please specify your pronouns following your name on the application. #1163554