Your new role
You will be involved in the overview of the European operations. You will work closely with business leaders and across finance to deliver accurate, timely and insightful information on commercial performance, as well as assisting in both short and long term strategic plans. You will be part of the finance team reporting to Managing Director and Finance Director. The role of Financial Controller is remote and there is flexibility to work from the office when desired.
What you need to succeed
- Responsible for managing the day to day accounting operations
- Support the European MD in reviewing commercial performance, identifying key success drivers and assisting in the making of strategic decisions
- Responsible for the development and implementation of best financial practices inline with the group policies
- Provide financial and business support to the European MD, Commercial, Sales and Operational teams.
- Responsible for completing the annual and monthly budget and forecasting processes
- Lead the production of financial reporting; weekly flashes, monthly management accounts, year end accounts and ad hoc analysis.
- Lead contact for annual statutory audits, global and domestic.
- Provide adhoc financial analysis and support to the global executive team.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required.
You have 3+ years of experience after obtaining a relevant degree, ideally combined with an accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA). You have experience with business partnering or financial management experience as well as strong stakeholder management skills. Strong verbal and numeracy skills with a diligence and attention to detail. It would be considered a plus if you have experience with Microsoft Navision, Dynamics, Business Central or other ERP also Power BI experience at an intermediate level. Knowledge and experience working in a similar role within logistics, retail or supermarket industries also a bonus. English language proficiency is required as working language is English. Having Spanish is a plus or other European language.
Entrepreneurial mindset, ambitious drive, able to think outside the box, inquisitive nature with can do energy and attitude. Organised, structured, able to manage priorities and work to tight deadlines. Motivated with pro-active mindset focused on continuous improvement of reporting. High degree of accuracy and eye for detail.
What you get in return
Next to a competitive salary, you will get to work within an international organisation with a broad scope of responsibilities and a growth potential.
Your new company
Our client is a rapidly growing company within the fruit and vegetable industry. The role is remote and the client is looking for a Financial Controller to join their expanding finance team.
What you need to do now
Is this the vacancy as Financial Controller the role you have been looking for? Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘apply’ button or send your CV to Ieva.Kuliesaite@hays.com #1044416