Your new role
As Holding Account you will be reporting to the Financial controller based in Amstelveen, the role is responsible for the accounting of three Dutch holding companies, which are part of the multinational group.
The role is responsible for the accounting and reporting function of the entity, including performing general ledger accounting, reconciling balance sheet accounts, month end closing tasks, monthly reporting into the group consolidation system (HFM), preparing VAT and tax returns, drafting the annual accounts and coordinating the yearly audit.
in the role of Holding Accountant you are part of the Dutch accounting team that also covers our Benelux sales office and our sustainability operations located in Moerdijk as well as our Belgium entity.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Prepare and book journal entries (fixed assets, tax and other accruals, stocks, etc.)
- Analyse and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Perform cash management duties with the Group Treasurer. Process payments and account for zero-balancing cash pooling accounts.
- Book the payroll (journal entries provided by our external payroll provider).
- Assist in preparing the annual statutory accounts and managing the yearly audit.
- Prepare and submit the monthly VAT returns and payroll tax declarations.
- Work with our external tax advisors to prepare the annual corporate income tax returns.
- Perform month end closing tasks and report into the consolidation system
- Perform month end intercompany reconciliations between the Holdings and group entities.
- Processes and code supplier invoices, prepare payments.
- Issue invoices to group entities and match receipts with invoices
- Ensure invoices and other documents are properly logged and filed.
- Assist with annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Carry out internal controls accurately and on time. Ensure compliance with company Finance and Accounting policies.
What you will need to succeed
- Degree in accounting and finance
- Experience of at least 4 years in an accounting role in a multinational company. Experience with a Holding company would be preferable.
- Fluent English and good excel skills are required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Able to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision.
- Very good teamwork skills, able to work with all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to discern errors in complex or detailed work.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills. Able to work to tight deadlines.
What you will get in return
An exciting and dynamic environment that allows you to grow personally and professionally. Our client offers a competitive salary package. Besides this, you will get to work within an international organisation with a broad scope of responsibilities.
Your new company
With over 4,000 colleagues in 16 countries, 12 production plants and 15 sales locations our client has an extensive and integrated global manufacturing and distribution network providing technical expertise and local customer service, your new company offers packaging solutions such as Big Bags, FIBCs and container lines for chemicals, foods, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and many other sectors.
What you need to do now
Is this role as Holding Accountant the vacancy you have been looking for? Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘apply’ button or send your CV to Luis.firstname.lastname@example.org.