Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
As part of our ambitious growth plans we are expanding our manufacturing and assembly capacity into Europe and are setting up a new high throughput plant (HTP) in the Rotterdam area. In close collaboration with our global teams we will be producing our next generation of satellites in state-of-the-art facilities.These satellites will be instrumental to our goal of building an accurate and up-to-date picture of our world and the many forces that reshape it every day.
About the team
The People & Culture team at Satellogic sits at the heart of our candidate and employee experience. From finding great talent to making sure our workplace provides our global workforce with professional experiences that are inspiring, challenging and rewarding. We design, build, implement and iterate processes and initiatives across the entire lifecycle from talent acquisition and HR operations, to people, leadership and organizational development.
About the position
In this role you will be one of the first members to join and form the leadership team of our new manufacturing site in the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to design and operationalize the HR processes and initiatives that will make our satellite production plant one of the best workplaces for engineering and technical talent in the region and across Europe - this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a new team from the ground-up. You will play a pivotal role in setting the direction and foundation for the exponential growth of Satellogic by hiring, onboarding and developing team members and leaders who are excited by our mission and inspired by our culture.
Greater Rotterdam Area - At Satellogic we encourage virtual collaboration and teaming across our distributed global workforce and pride ourselves in our flexible and autonomous work culture. For roles that support teams with physical presence in our manufacturing plant we would expect a degree of on-site presence.
- Set-up and drive our recruiting and hiring process with our external partners and internal stakeholders, ensuring an excellent candidate experience and effective practices incl. recruiting tools, technology and analytics
- Define and implement people strategies and initiatives aligned with our global mission and culture, that will support the attraction and retention of top talent
- Be a champion of our culture and foster Satellogic’s ethos through this rapid growth and expansion phase
- Ensure implementation of locally compliant policies and procedures that will guarantee a safe and inclusive workplace for our diverse employee population
- Drive the definition and set-up of efficient HR processes along the entire hire-to-retire lifecycle, based on suitable digital HR technology and analytics
Experience and skills
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources Management, ideally in a broader HR generalist profile; recruiting and HR operations know-how will be highly applicable
- Well-versed in Dutch employment law as well as across all matters related to employee and labour relations
- Experience in production / manufacturing environments in the high tech industry is a plus
- Demonstrated results in building tools and processes to drive human resources operations in an rapidly growing, innovation-driven company
- High affinity to Recruiting and HR tech, digitalization and automation of HR processes and documentation, as well as a passion for HR analytics
- Ability to think strategically, whilst at the same time being able to break down a future vision into tactical steps on a people & culture roadmap; excellent execution, and follow-through skills paired with high accountability and a “hands-on” mentality are a must
- Capacity to operate effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment, ability to learn and adapt to evolving requirements, purpose driven and ready to step outside the personal comfort zone
- Our global company language is English, so excellent English skills are essential. Spanish skills are a plus - we will support your ambition in learning a new language if you wish!
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work. #1163547