Your new company
Our client is an Asian international manufacturer of electronics. For their European headquarters in the Amsterdam area, they are looking for an Indirect Tax Expert to join their finance and accounting team. Your new role Indirect Tax Expert will be responsible for the VAT and various indirect tax matters of the Company. Tax compliance and reporting, as well as development of the indirect tax function will be at the core of his/her activities. Indirect Tax Expert will be a part of Finance & Administration team while working on cross-team projects and supporting colleagues in the Netherlands and abroad with the tax expertise.
What you need to succeed
- Ensure accurate preparation of VAT returns of the company in the Netherlands and in other jurisdictions as well as their timely filing.
- Prepare and submit ICP reports and relevant statistical reportings.
- Support Corporate Tax Manager in developing and implementing tax strategy and enhancing VAT function in the organization and in the region.
- Communicate with the Dutch tax authorities, follow-up on their eventual requests in the area of VAT.
- Provide technical support on VAT matters (M&A, transformation and logistic projects) and work with external consultants, when required.
- Work with IT, Finance & Accounting division to ensure the accuracy of invoicing and proper functioning of VAT registers in SAP.
- Prepare relevant financial reconciliations and other required documents in course of external audits.
- Support operational divisions of the company in the area of the Dutch and EU VAT.
- Assist Corporate Tax Manager and Senior Expert Internal Control and Export Control in customs matters.
- Reconcile VAT GL balances and make required bookings and clearings related to VAT.
- Provide advice and recommendations to Senior management on the basis of insights gained from analysis and support business decisions.
- Support Governance, Regulation and Compliance team in the areas of environmental taxes in the EU and their effect on the company’s business.
You have 5+ years of experience after obtaining a relevant bachelor’s degree. Knowledge of technical aspects of Dutch and EU indirect taxes as well as their practical application . NOB membership (or another professional tax association) is a plus. Basic understanding of accounting and experience with SAP R/3 is preferable. Fluency in English and Dutch language (written and verbal). The Indirect Tax Expert is a patient, accurate, flexible and organized self-starter. He/she prefers to work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity, as this role requires to work across functions and departments. Apart from being a team player, the Indirect Tax Expert is able to motivate the organization to orient on performance excellence. The Indirect Tax Expert must be a strong and clear communicator, have excellent written, oral communications and interpersonal skills. He or she is able to process numerical and textual information and must possess the willingness to grow both personally and professionally.
What you get in return
Next to a competitive salary and a 37.5 hour work week, you will have a 13th month, a 20% bonus, 26 holiday days, an option to earn 6 additional holiday days, a premium free pension plan, a meal plan and travel costs. Besides this, you will get to work within an international organization with a broad scope of responsibilities in a hierarchy company culture.
What you need to do now
Is this the vacancy you have been looking for? Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘apply’ button or send your CV to Ieva.Kuliesaite@hays.com #1044415