Your new role
Our company strengthens, develops, and manages secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable global supply chains to improve the health and well-being of people in low- and middle-income countries through increased access to quality and affordable health products. We help governments, non-profit organizations, and humanitarian agencies to achieve their public health goals through cost-saving procurement, efficient logistics, pharma-grade storage, last-mile delivery solutions, and real-time data tracking. We demonstrates its commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence by upholding an ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System that underpins all our processes, systems, and services.We are a subsidiary of one of the leading international health consultancy organizations in the US — JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI). In addition to our project management headquarters in Washington D.C., in the U.S., and our operational facility in Woerden, in the Netherlands, we have access to 50 other JSI offices around the world.Within our global structure, approximately 90 seconded staff members from more than 35 countries contribute to the impact achieved through our services. Our diversity of thought and culture allows us to engage fully with our clients and each other. We believe we can achieve our mission by upholding our purpose- and results-driven cultural style. We do this by creating an environment where staff can demonstrate our cultural values of collaboration, learning, proactivity, problem solving, and outcome orientation on a daily basis.
Overall responsibilitiesThe Item Master Data Specialist (IMDS) is responsible to enter and maintain accurate product item master data for PFSCM. Working with the PIM Unit, the Data Specialist is expected to manage data entry, corrections and updates, and ongoing maintenance of all product item master data, including supplier, item, logistics, and QA details. The Specialist is expected to communicate with designated suppliers or other external stakeholders to follow through on data requests. The Data Specialist is expected to maintain PIM data quality throughout the processes to ensure accurate data flows and reporting.
- Enter and/or edit the product item master data in the PFSCM application.
- Maintain accuracy of all data entry and updates.
- Proactively communicate with suppliers or other stakeholders to collect timely data.
- Assist in analysis of collected data, as needed.
- Provide support for PIM related issues, as requested.
- Participate in PIM Unit continuous improvement activities.
QualificationsProfessional and Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, business, data management, information technology, or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2+ years' business experience, preferably in the international procurement and/or supply chain industries.
- Experienced in using MS Excel, data entry applications (e.g., enterprise resource planning systems, statistical data entry packages)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to gather and maintain data.
- Familiarity with global supply chain management is a plus.
- Willing to perform other duties, as requested.
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- Fluency in English is required, including reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Interpersonal skills with customer service experience; and an ability to work across disciplines and in diverse locations internationally.
- Affinity for identifying and championing new ideas and process improvements.
Priority Setting, Problem Solving, & Detail Orientation
- Ability to approach a problem from different cultural perspectives ; and be aware and mindful of cultural differences.
- Detailed-oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
6 month seconded contract
Expectation of conversion
Development of career
Apply for this vacancy
Are you interested in this vacancy? Then click on 'Apply' and send us an up-to-date CV by calling Rudi Nefkens via +31 (0) 612099902. If this vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for, but you are looking for a different position, please contact us to discuss your career options.