Our client provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
As a Linux and automation expert you will be held responsible for maintaining and implementing complex and advanced technologies in the R&D IT Solutions domain. You work in close cooperation with Application Groups and Engineering teams, including assurance that requirements and its solutions are designed, built and incorporated into the Engineering IT services delivered to the customer.
You will work DevOps / Scrum and apply techniques of continuous verification (CI/CD) to ensure the quality of your products. You build it. You run it.
Primary Responsibility: Linux with automation – Need to have experience in managing Linux OS with automation
• Primary focus is RedHat Linux OS, RedHat Satellite and Ansible
• Develop and maintain automation products with playbooks (YAML) and modules (Python/PowerShell) in tools like Ansible Tower and Service-Now.
• Good understanding of Storage, Network and VMware
• Provide 3rd Line support for the infrastructure environment, including the Linux OS, Storage, Virtualization.
• Train team members and others with your extensive RedHat product knowledge.
• Manage the scalability of the solution and manage the capacity.
• Troubleshoot and solve incidents on RedHat Linux operating system.
• Keep the Base OS image up2date via patches or make sure patches are available to the virtual machine owners.
• Build DevOps methods to keep the service up to date and current with all SVE and patches.
• “Security” is your middle name, and you are always challenging yourself and your colleagues to design and develop new solutions as security tight as possible.
• Provide consulting services to consumers as needed.
• Pair with consultants, teammates and consumers in an agile environment.
• No issue to work outside business hours to support the platform for critical R&D Applications.
• You have great English communication skills, both verbally as in writing.
• You like working in multi-disciplinary teams also with people who live in other parts of the world.
• DevOps mindset: You are a team-player that is eager to develop and maintain cool products to automate/optimize processes in a complex IT infrastructure and are able to build and maintain productive working relationships.
• Willing to learn and also willing to teach to colleagues.
MUST HAVE: Minimum 5 years Automation experience #1044126
Technology & Internet Services
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Rosita Akkerman, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Amsterdam