Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
As part of our ambitious growth plans we are expanding our manufacturing and assembly capacity into Europe and are setting up a new high throughput plant (HTP) in the Rotterdam area. In close collaboration with our global teams we will be producing our next generation of satellites in state-of-the-art facilities.These satellites will be instrumental to our goal of building an accurate and up-to-date picture of our world and the many forces that reshape it every day.
About the team
The Logistics team is responsible for the planning and execution of the logistics and customs clearance procedures of the company. They will follow and make sure that the parts, tools, supplies, and satellites arrive on time to their destination.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As the Logistic Specialist you will be responsible for providing solutions and assure the best alternative for the company regarding costs, times, and security of the shipments.
Location : Greater Rotterdam Area - At Satellogic we encourage virtual collaboration and teaming across our distributed global workforce and pride ourselves in our flexible and autonomous work culture. For roles that support teams with physical presence in our manufacturing plant we would expect a degree of on-site presence.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Carry out contractual negotiation with logistics suppliers, such us forwarders and customs agents.
- Manage and prepare the logistics plan for the satellites, components, tools and machinery.
- Guarantee quality and delivery times of materials and services acquired.
- Define medium and long-term strategies in order to optimize costs and improve delivery times.
- Execute the evaluation of logistics suppliers.
- Coordinate both exports and imports.
- Execute the process of Return to suppliers when necessary.
- Comply with legal and customs requirements necessary for each operation.
- Prepare the necessary documentation for all logistics operations.
- Compare proposals submitted to select the best alternative for the company.
- Track shipments and report the status to the rest of the departments.
- Give support to the procurement team.
- Prepare KPIs to help measure success of the department.
- Make sure that all the legal regulations for international transportation are accomplished in each shipment and customs clearance process.
Experience & requirements:
- International trade degree, logistics or similar.
- 5+ years’ work experience in supply chain, procurement, international trade and logistics, preferably in technology companies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and colleagues.
- Decision-making and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability skills for a constantly changing environment .
- Be solution driven.
- Ability to plan and organize autonomously.
- Fluent in English
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.Please specify your pronouns following your name on the application. #1163481