Your new company
Our client is a globally operating sporting goods retailer. For their office in Amsterdam they are looking for a Management Accountant.
Your new role
You will be the Finance business partner to Retail across several European entities. You will work closely with business leaders and across finance to deliver accurate, timely and insightful information on performance, as well as assisting in both short and long term strategic plans. You will be part of the Amsterdam finance team of 6 FTE, looking to hire number 7 and 8. You will work closely with the team (25) in the UK and you will report directly to the Financial Controller, based in Amsterdam.
- Full ownership of profit and loss reporting, balance sheet reviews and month end accounting (prepayment, accruals) across several European entities
- Finance lead in year-end audits, financial statement preparation and external reporting across each entity
- Key point of contact with external advisors for corporation tax preparation
- Forecast and budget for both profit and loss and balance sheet across each entity
- Finance lead for EMEA retail marketing, working with marketing leads on forecast and budgets and reviewing year to date spend
- Provide commentary on retail performance within each entity to the DTC (Direct to Consumer) Retail Controller and business leads to inform commercial decision making
- Assist in the preparation of retail monthly business review packs
- Provision of management information, KPI analysis and ad hoc requests to business partners, delivering insights to drive both short term results and long term strategic plans
- Assist the EMEA Management & Commercial Accounts team as necessary on both day-to-day tasks, new system implementations and any new projects
What you need to succeed
You have 4+ years of experience after obtaining a relevant degree, ideally combined with an accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / RA / AA). You have experience with month end tasks / preparation of accounts. You have experience being the point of contact for the tax authorities and the external auditors. It would be considered a plus if you have experience with P&L balances and/or forecasting. Knowledge and experience working in a similar role within a Direct to Consumer organisations preferred. English language proficiency is required as working language is English. Team player, strong communication skills and able to develop and maintain strong relationship with colleagues. Organised, structured, able to manage priorities and work to tight deadlines. Motivated with pro-active mindset focused on continuous improvement of reporting. High degree of accuracy and eye for detail.
What you get in return
Next to a competitive salary, you will get to work within an international organization with a broad scope of responsibilities and a growth potential.
What you need to do now
Is this the vacancy you have been looking for? Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘apply’ button or send your CV to Tom.email@example.com [mailto:Tom.firstname.lastname@example.org] #1043645