Your new role
In the role of Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the mechanical concepts & designs of high performance semiconductor assembly equipment and/or building blocks to improve and speed-up existing equipment. You will start at the conceptual phase based on customer requirements. Additionally, you will be acting as mechanical lead in the multidisciplinary project team until final customer acceptance. This includes ownership of mechanical discipline deliverables, such as mechanical design, simulation (FEM), hands-on testing, effort estimation and cost of goods tracking. Finally, you will be working together with design engineers and technicians in detailing the design, assembly, integration and testing/debugging equipment.
To be successful in this role, you will need a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechanical Engineering. Additionally, you have at least 3 years of experience of mechanical design in either semiconductors or in a high-speed equipment environment and experience in mechatronic systems, actuators, dynamics or control engineering.
What will come in handy:
- Full project lifecycle knowledge or V-Model knowledge or experience
- Experience in using Siemens NX (3D CAD) or similar
- An excellent command of the English language
- Having a mature, innovative mindset and good analytical skills
- Being a team player, as you will be working in an multidisciplinary and international team
Your new company
Our client has over 30 years of experience in optimizing production processes and developing, installing and maintaining some of the industry’s most advanced tools. By optimizing semiconductor backend capabilities, they enable production of over 90 billion devices annually. That demands a unique combination of understanding the day-to-day challenges of today’s assembly and test processes as well as the latest developments in smart manufacturing, big data and advanced mechatronics.
What you’ll get in return
- A challenging, yet rewarding company culture where your input and feedback matters
- Extensive training and future career opportunities where you can grow in multiple specialisms: technical, project management or line management
- An opportunity to be part of the exciting journey on becoming a world leader in semiconductor assembly equipment and automation solutions
Does this role align with your ambitions? Click on “Apply now” and send your up-to-date CV or call us now. If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new position nonetheless, do not hesitate to contact us – an opportunity is always within arm’s reach.