Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
As part of our ambitious growth plans we are expanding our manufacturing and assembly capacity into Europe and are setting up a new high throughput plant (HTP) in the Rotterdam area. In close collaboration with our global teams we will be producing our next generation of satellites in state-of-the-art facilities.These satellites will be instrumental to our goal of building an accurate and up-to-date picture of our world and the many forces that reshape it every day.
About the team
You will be a part of the Mechanics team (Mechanical Engineers and - Technicians); in this team we build mechanical subsystems, integrate main assemblies into the satellite, do quality control, oversee, test and guarantee the manufacture process of our satellites.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
- Support the acceptance testing of the mechanical related components
- Independently facilitate the integration of components into the mechanical main assemblies according to the qualification matrix
- Support with the material management in the team
- Execute quality control of work that is completed in the manufacturing process
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes to meet the delivery requirements.
- Support the industrial engineering team in the continuous improvement process
- Perform testing and validation of the Satellites as required
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications for the manufacturing processes as required
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors
- Identify deficiencies in mechanical processes and developing improvements
Greater Rotterdam / Delft Area - At Satellogic we encourage virtual collaboration and teaming across our distributed global workforce and pride ourselves in our flexible and autonomous work culture. For roles that support teams with physical presence in our manufacturing plant we would expect a degree of on-site presence.
Experience & Skills
- Relevant engineering qualification in any of the following disciplines: aeronautical-, mechanical-, industrial similar studies.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Additionally valued skills:
- Experience in fine- or micro mechanical engineering
- Micro soldering, PCB repairs and SMD soldering
- Qualified trade in a precision machining or tooling workshop.
- Experience in automotive painting will be valued
- LEAN Six Sigma
- Assembly procedures
- Satellite assembly
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.Please specify your pronouns following your name on the application.