About our organization
Our company is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
About the team
You will be a part of the Mechanics team. This role will be responsible for participating in the preparation, testing and assembly of mechanical components as well as developing and continuously improving the processes to build satellites. The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As a mechanical technician, your main responsibility will be to make sure that the mechanical components are being delivered in time and according to our quality standards. This is done in an interesting yet delicate manufacturing process which is partly automated and partly done by hand. You will be participating in the preparation, testing and assembly of these mechanical parts. Together with the rest of the team you will also continuously improve our production processes.Further responsibilities
- Participate in the production of mechanical and opto-mechanical assemblies
- Participate in quality control processes
- Work for extended periods in a cleanroom environment using the necessary protective equipment
- Assist in the creation of instruction manuals
- Assist in wiring preparation, mechanical and electronic integration
- MBO Niv. 4 - Aeronautic / Aviation technician (Vliegtuigtechniek), mechanical technician (Werktuigbouwkunde / Mechatronica), industrial mechanical technician (Fijnmechanica) or similar studies.
- Complementary education and or experience in Micro soldering, PCB repairs and SMD soldering.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a comparable technical environment with a small scale production.
- We are an international company, so you feel comfortable communicating in English.
Our values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.Please specify your pronouns following your name on the application. #1044308