Your new job
We are a dynamic company and supplier of machines for the corrugated packaging industry. From their office in Almere, The Netherlands, machines and spare parts are sold to customers all over Europe, South America, North and South Africa, Middle East and Russia. Machines are built by our headquarters in Japan as well as by subcontractors in Europe. In addition: installations of new machines, service (contracts and troubleshooting) and machine maintenance is delivered by their dedicated customer team of specialized field service engineers in Europe to the client base.
As a Mechanical Field Service Engineer you are responsible for the installation, supervision, service and troubleshooting on corrugator and box making machines. This mainly takes place in European territory, but also in South and North Africa, South America, Middle East and Russia. For this role it is important that you are willing to travel and have affinity with the corrugated board production process, box conversion and printing. The role will assume the following responsibilities:
- To provide mechanical service expertise. You are responsible for supporting our customers in installing MHIE equipment such as corrugator and box making machines. You will assemble and adjust the machine according to the technical documents or drawings provided by us. You are the expert and it is your responsibility to make sure that customer expectations are met and exceeded. After each visit you will make a report and submit it to the customer (through Field Service Manager). Also make clear what you’ve experienced on site.
- To be ambassador for our company at all times. You have the ability to engender trust and respect, and be appreciated by customers and our staff.
- To communicate well with colleagues, our suppliers and customers. During your work it is important to cooperate with engineers from Japan and persons from our business partner company for achieving the necessary result.
- To share the technical skill and know-how with colleagues and customer. Provide training to operators and technicians who will operate our machines. It is important to communicate well with colleagues and customers. Coordinating activities with the Field Service Manager.
- Provide service and maintenance to our equipment. You will support customers with their operations, maintenance and troubleshooting on the machine supplied by Mitsubishi. You will have to submit a “call report” after every visit to the customer (through Field Service Manager). You will coordinate these activities with the Field Service Manager. Occasionally you will have to support our customers by email or phone call.
- Be able to write detailed reports on the work carried out, make up parts lists and give advice to the customers on parts replacement needs and parts needed to be kept at site in case of trouble.
- Strong written and oral communication in English and/or other language (French, Italian, Spanish)
- Ability to learn and understand both the machines and customers requirement
- Able to be solution-oriented
- Relationship builder
- Organizational skills (methodical and disciplined)
- Good reporting skills
- Representative, customer friendly flexible attitude
- Good team worker, able to marshal support, particularly with technical support team, but confident working independently with a great deal of autonomy.
- Willingness to be flexible with hours and location and to be away from home for
- substantial periods, including weekends
- Must have high personal standards e.g. appearance, timekeeping etc.
- Extremely enthusiastic and respectful of customer practices.
Education / qualification:
- Poly Technic Education (diploma required)
- Basic capability to understand and achieve the assembling and disassembling to work by using the correct tool according to the mechanical drawing described on standard code.
- The candidate must be able to work from mechanical assembly drawings, have knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
- International driver license is required
About the company
- Employee has between 2 – 4 years of experience in a similar job within the corrugated industry
- The candidate should have a good grounding in the process of making corrugated board, conversion into boxes.
- Employee has experience with international orientated companies
- Numerate and literate good with computer literacy (MS Office)
We are a dynamic company and supplier of machines for the corrugated packaging industry. Our HQ is in Japan and we have contractors in The Netherlands, machines and spare parts are sold to customers all over Europe, South America, North and South Africa, Middle East and Russia.
Good first and secondary benefits
Apply for this vacancy
Are you interested in this vacancy? Then click on 'Apply' and send us an up-to-date CV by calling Rudi Nefkens via +31 6 37383002. If this vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for, but you are looking for a different position, please contact us to discuss your career options.