Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratise access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organisation is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
As part of our ambitious growth plans we are expanding our manufacturing and assembly capacity into Europe and are setting up a new high throughput plant (HTP) in the Rotterdam area. In close collaboration with our global teams we will be producing our next generation of satellites in state-of-the-art facilities.These satellites will be instrumental to our goal of building an accurate and up-to-date picture of our world and the many forces that reshape it every day.
About the Team
The optics team is responsible for the precision manufacturing, calibration and testing of all the camera systems on the satellites.The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
This position will be responsible for participating in opto-mechanical components preparation, testing and assembly as well as developing and continuously improving the processes to build satellites.
- Perform acceptance, assembly, alignment, and calibration of sensitive optical systems according to standard procedures
- Have a focus on Safety
- Work for extended periods in a cleanroom environment using the necessary protective equipment
- Aid in the development and improvement of processes and procedures
- Technological transfer assistance of engineering prototypes to production
- Accurate record keeping
- Collaboration with the training program
You are passionate about spaceflight, lenses, telescopes, and complex imaging devices. You thrive in a dynamic environment which can have tight deadlines.
- MBO Niv. 4 - Aeronautic / Aviation technician (Vliegtuigtechniek), electronics technician (Elektrotechniek), Mechanical technician or similar studies (Mechatronica, Technicus engineering, Optics)
- Use of scripting languages
- Preferred experience in optical assembly and calibration in a cleanroom environment
- We are an international company, so you feel comfortable with communicating in English; Dutch would be a plus
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.Please specify your pronouns following your name on the application. #1163623