NXP Semiconductors N.V.
(NASDAQ: NXPI) is a Dutch global semiconductor
manufacturer with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion. The company provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. It enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer.
Department / Project:
Within NXP Quality the Product Diagnostic Center
) in Nijmegen
provide world class services in Failure, Process & Material Analysis and Quality Problem Solving and Prevention. PDC is well recognised as best-in-class Digital & Analog Failure Analysis and Material Analysis support.
The Package Analysis team
is providing package and board level failure analysis and provide circuit access and sample preparation support to enable in-die electrical failure analysis. They are working closely with business partners, Package/Front-End Innovation, Fabrication and Assembly and Test sites. It is a diversified team with high energy, an open collaboration environment and eagerness for continuous improvement.
To expand the team, we are looking for an additional: PACKAGE ANALYSIS ENGINEER
The PACKAGE ANALYSIS ENGINEER
takes a role in development of new diagnostics procedures at package level. You work in close cooperation with the product development teams within NXP worldwide to develop FA methods for both circuit access and package analysis using your knowledge of material science and assembly technology. Supports re-packaging of failing products into a simpler or more suitable package for fault localisation in close cooperation with the Sample Center Nijmegen. You are also responsible for deploying these procedures into general practice by training and coaching of FA engineers worldwide.
As PACKAGE ANALYSIS ENGINEER
you participate in worldwide organised multidisciplinary teams. To be effective, a strong and broad technical background and experience is required. This spans across the experience of materials properties (electrical, chemical, thermo-mechanical) and their interaction in assemblies over IC lifetime as well as experience in assembly of semiconductor devices (bonding, packaging) and/or Failure Analysis.
Applying of advanced failure analysis methods/tools; chemical and mechanical decapsulation (front-side as well as back-side), X-ray, SEM-EDX, planar polishing, preparation and making of mechanical cross-sections and re-packaging knowledge is asked on daily base.
A key aspect for the PACKAGE ANALYSIS ENGINEER
is the communication with all parties involved. Moreover, you will be leading multi-functional and/or cross-organisational teams. Responsibilities include not only the use of existing and available equipment, techniques and methods, but also development of new methods and techniques.
- HBO (Bachelor) in chemistry / Electrical / Mechanical or similar and 1+ years of experience in the field.
- Analytical thinker, creative, taking initiative, high drive and result oriented with the ambition to become a specialist in this area.
- Hands-on experience in chemical lab is needed.
- Strong in communication, interaction, presentation and reporting.
- Good command of spoken and written English language.
- Good organisational skills, project leader skills and high level of independence.
- Flexible in working off-office hours to assure realising commitments.
- Team player.
- This job requires to work in 2 shifts, morning (06:00-14:30) and evening (14:00-22:30) alternating every week.
- Since working with secure products for banking and identification purposes is part of our portfolio, an antecedent investigation is part of the procedure.
CV submission requirements:
- English CV + Motivation Letter required.
For more information, please contact Niels Dirven
on +31 (0)13 206 2006