Our client in the port of Rotterdam (APM Terminal / Maersk) is looking for an experienced, driven and result driven People Partner on a fulltime basis (hybrid policy in place). The People Partner role is characterised by variety of responsibilities and you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the business in your designated geography. You will work in a dynamic environment, drawing on your broad HR toolbox to coach and support leaders through a time of great business transformation. Your daily job will be to engage with different stakeholders and use your wide breadth of HR knowledge to support leaders on a range of people matters and policies.
Your key responsibilities
- Partner with the HRBPs and you will by working closely with HR professionals and specialists within their People Advisory, Centres of Excellence functions and Global Mobility teams.
- Build strong relationships with leaders and their teams and be their main point of contact and sparring partner on all people matters.
- Drive the local delivery of the annual HR Cycle, including annual performance management, compensation, succession planning and development.
- Resolve employee relations issues, support and advise leaders on HR-related matters & policies.
- Stay up to date with local employment law landscape to ensure local compliance.
- Act as talent broker encouraging the transfer of individuals from one part of the organisation to another to obtain specific developmental experience.
- Work effectively with the entire regional PPO team on day-to-day delivery of people processes as well as to resolve complex cases.
- Draw people insights from available real-time reports to identify and address opportunities for improvement with leaders and local management.
- Deliver training and workshops for local leadership teams and various employee populations on different HR topics.
- Participate in on-site recruitment where needed and coordinate and perform employee activities required on site, i.e. on-boarding, training sessions.
To succeed in this role, you should genuinely be a people’s person and thrive in an environment where no two days are alike.
As for the skill set and experience, we are looking for:
What you need to do now
- Solid experience (8-10 years) as an HR generalist and deep understanding of HR fundamentals, including recruitment, people performance management, employee engagement, compensation, development, employee relations.
- Demonstrated passion for business through partnering with and supporting leaders to deliver on business results.
- Advanced knowledge of local labor law; experience from working in Rotterdam Port / warehouses / terminals and unionized environments is a big plus.
- Solid experience from high-paced companies and preferably terminal industry in terms of developing, safeguarding and interpreting HR policies and processes and supporting leaders to drive high engagement.
- Acting as a trusted advisor on a wide range of HR related matters.
- Experience from large international organizations and the ability to build relationships and navigate a complex stakeholder matrix.
- Good change management, facilitation and coaching skills.
- Ability to take ownership and act autonomously, while also adopting a collaborative working style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to find solutions.
- Flexibility and adaptability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Resilience: the change process, is anything but straightforward; accepting uncertainty and demonstrating the ability to overcome challenges and deliver outcomes.
- Be self-driven, energetic, and have a ‘can-do’ mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sandra Boerekamp now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1044450