The company is a producer and supplier of aluminum products from thin sheet metal, aluminum fuel tanks, hydraulic tanks, and related products for the automotive industry. They are focused on the development and production of aluminum products that contribute to sustainable mobility. They specialize in supplying custom aluminum products, like boxes for cargo bikes.
As a Process and Digitalization Lead Engineer your goal is to ensure that production processes function as optimally as possible. You guide and implement new and adapted production resources / business processes on the work floor. You report to the Department Lead Continuous Improvement.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Supervising the installation of production means or production lines.
- Supervising (sub) projects and managing employees in a team.
- Analysing problems of the delivered quality of parts or end product.
- Identify the cause, propose improvements in accordance with the requirements of APQP and implement improvements.
- Analysing production data (eg scrap and cycle time).
- Making investment requests for machines/robots.
- Modelling and analysing operational processes.
- Assessing the production process for effectiveness and efficiency, making improvement proposals and the necessary adjustments and implementing the determined change in the production process.
- Processing health and safety, environment and safety requirements in new or existing means of production / processes.
- Following the procedures and reporting deviations / dangerous situations with regard to Quality, Health and Safety and Environment.
- Development of Business Cases for digital innovations incl. process optimisation
- Project leader for digitisation projects.
- Cross-group collaboration in international teams.
What you need to do now
- HBO education, preferably Engineering or equivalent.
- You preferably have at least two years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- You are able to analyse production problems and convert them into process improvement / process innovation and adjustments to production resources / production lines.
- You have the skills and creativity to convert ideas into practical solutions.
- Experience with LEAN Six Sigma is an advantage.
- You have an affinity with technology and automotive.
- You work independently as well as in a team, you are goal-oriented, you show commitment and initiative.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1044715