Your new role
As a Process Technologist you work on the introduction of new products and processes within the Infant Formula Business. You will hold the technical responsibility and expertise for an assigned manufacturing area, such as liquids processing, spray drying or dry blending, to validate new products, processes, and equipment. The role will support the Operations team to deliver improvements in safety, quality, waste, and capacity while maintaining a high level of quality compliance and productivity.
A selection of your tasks include:
- Qualification of new products into the production facility to drive the growth of the business. Working in close collaboration with the R&D, Quality, and Operations teams to ensure a successful implementation.
- Specification and qualification / validation of new process and production equipment. The Process Technologist for CAPEX project implementation, DQ, FAT, IQ, OQ PQs.
- Apply understanding of HACCP, GMP’s, regulatory requirements, corporate safety and environmental standards to process design and process qualifications.
- Operational troubleshooting, investigating, reporting, and execution of solutions to improve existing production process performance in terms of safety, quality, waste, capacity etc.
- Taking the lead in structured root cause investigation of deviations, and for the implementation of preventive actions.
- Apply problem-solving principals and statistical analysis to effectively resolve process and product related problems which require an evaluation.
- Subject matter expert on your area for quality compliance audits.
- Validation of cleaning activities including CIP, to the regulatory standards required.
Key result areas:
What you'll need to succeed
- Define and qualify the manufacturing process (mainly but not limited to liquid processing, spray drying, and dry blending) which is capable of producing the new products and formulations from the R&D dept.
- Work in close contact with the R&D teams to ensure new products are capable of full scale manufacture. Identifying processing issues and solutions.
- Work in close contact with Manufacturing / Operations department to allow for implementation of new products on time and in full.
- Work with the Project Engineering Dept for the process design and qualification of new installations or modification as part of the CAPEX projects.
- Resolve operational issues with the Operations and Quality teams in line with site KPIs.
To be a successful Process Technologist you have a Master or Bachelor and a background in Food or Chemical Engineering. At least you have 5 years’ experience in Process Engineering / Technology in the manufacturing industry. It is a big plus if you have experience in spray drying, liquid processing and dry powder blending. Solid experience conducting plant trials in a manufacturing environment with proven success starting up new products in key process technologies. You have worked effectively with teams of multiple functions, from R&D, Quality, Engineering and Operations. Knowledge of HACCP, quality management, food safety. Effectively work with teams, positive attitude, and strong written and verbal communication skills to convey technical information to a diverse audience. Flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment where a high degree of teamwork and collaboration are required. You are result oriented and has strong willingness to achieve.
What you'll get in return
You will get to make an impact like never before. You’ll be responsible for your own projects and they can’t wait to hear your ideas. The products you help get out there will make people’s lives better. The iconic brands will provide an incredible platform for you. And the dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day. Mead Johnson Nutrition offers a challenging and collegial environment with excellent competitive salary and benefits. You have the opportunity to develop yourself further in a global working company that’s growing quickly. This means interesting projects, professional colleagues and interesting perspectives! Backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
Your new company
Mead Johnson Nutrition is a fast growing world leader in baby and infant nutrition that sells products to over 100 countries worldwide. In Nijmegen they have a state-of-the-art supply chain organization, where over 600 people work to nourish children to give them the best start in life. The Nijmegen site produces semi-finished and finished products for markets in Europe, Asia and Latin America. In Europe the product range is mainly focused on infants with food allergies. Quality, reliability, innovation and ethics are very important within this organization.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Michel Bouman for a confidential discussion on your career.