Your new role
The role Procurement Manager Contract and Cold Chain Logistics is part of the North Europe and Nordics logistics & services procurement team - a fast-growing, international team.
You will be responsible for supporting the expansion and improvement of the areas contract and cold chain logistics site footprint and 3rd
party outsourced solutions through independently executing end-to-end sourcing projects, increasing profitability, driving innovation, enhancing procurement quality /compliance and alignment with the sustainable procurement agenda.
In close coordination with the headquarters, regional and area-based procurement and product management functions, your role will be key in defining and designing the procurement strategies and solutions to support the ambitious growth agenda whilst implementing successful sourcing strategies and driving the Category Strategy for this area. Ultimately, you will be the procurement business partner to ensure realisation of the area business plan to support the ambitious logistics and services growth agenda.
- Accountable for managing sourcing programmes, portfolios and projects related to primarily new site creation, existing site improvements and 3rd party outsourced solutions for contract and cold chain logistics.
- Enable sustainable and profitable growth through best-in-class sourcing, optimising operational behaviours, performance management and supplier innovation.
- Creating and implementing the category strategies for the area
- Implementing and driving supplier relationship management with key vendors.
- Lead and perform supplier market/category/supply risk analysis and develop total value of ownership models in collaboration with all internal customers.
- Establish and maintain supplier relations with key suppliers in the vendor base.
- Ensure compliance to global and local Business Principles, policies and standards and procurement policies whilst providing guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement principles and processes.
- Develop and maintain spend visibility by category and vendor for entire portfolio.
- Drive and support the development and implementation of digital solutions to optimise the procurement process and contract value handovers.
- Build close relations with site project managers, product managers and fellow procurement managers and other senior area stakeholders through standard operating systems and ensure a close alignment between commercial strategies and procurement plans.
- Engage/Lead in Annual Priorities, Joint Cost Plan initiatives and other cross functional projects.
- Support the cross functional procurement for warehousing / cold chain consumables and landside transportation as needed and collaborate with other areas and regions on cross geography procurement and best practises.
- Govern with the organisation mindset.
- Act as a point of escalation both internal and external.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Logistics; Construction; Engineering; Business Administration or related areas.
- General Procurement and/or CAPEX procurement and/or supply chain and/or construction industry experience (5 years as minimum)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable in engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders in an ambiguous environment with an agile mindset.
- Strong planning, prioritizing skills and experience in managing sourcing programmes, portfolios and projects related to primarily new site creation, existing site improvements and 3rd party outsourced solutions.
- Customer and process improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated market knowledge in logistics and/or construction and/or material handling equipment.
- Customer mindset: an understanding of how customer needs relate to procurement activities.
- Ability to constructively challenge the safe choice.
- Fluent business English is a must. - Fluency in either German, Polish and/or Dutch language is advantageous.
High proficiency working with Microsoft Office Products including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Power BI, and ERP.
About the organisation
Our client is one of the largest global transportation companies focused on providing multi modal solutions and creating an infrastructure for global Supply Chains.
What you will get in return
You will get the opportunity to be part of one of the biggest players in the transportation world who are innovating and are expanding their infrastructure over Europe. In this role you will play a key role managing and building the new hub network. Also you will be involved in the existing network.
What you will have to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Alex Broekmeulen now - 0611425547. #1044479