Your new job
The Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) strengthens, develops, and manages secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable global supply chains to improve the health and well-being of people in low- and middle-income countries through increased access to quality and affordable health products. We help governments, non-profit organizations, and humanitarian agencies to achieve their public health goals through cost-saving procurement, efficient logistics, pharma-grade storage, last-mile delivery solutions, and real-time data tracking. PFSCM demonstrates its commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence by upholding an ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System that underpins all our processes, systems, and services.PFSCM is a subsidiary of one of the leading international health consultancy organizations in the US — JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI). In addition to our project management headquarters in Washington D.C., in the U.S., and our operational facility in Woerden, in the Netherlands, we have access to 50 other JSI offices around the world.Within PFSCM’s global structure, approximately 115 seconded staff members from more than 40 countries contribute to the impact achieved through PFSCM’s services. PFSCM’s diversity of thought and culture allows us to engage fully with our clients and each other. We believe we can achieve our mission by upholding our purpose- and results-driven cultural style. We do this by creating an environment where staff can demonstrate our cultural values of collaboration, learning, proactivity, problem solving, and outcome orientation on a daily basis.
Specific responsibilities Procurement Administration:
- Ensure that all commodities ordered meet the funder/client’s procurement and quality policy on product, availability, and other product’s quality consideration.
- Manage the timely procurement process, as appropriate per project, including: research the market, prepare and issue RFP’s, purchase orders, negotiations, and administration of awards, working with QA, Product Technical, and Sourcing & Contracts Units.
- Maintain constant awareness of and alignment with the latest relative health program and/or product developments, working with Product Technical and Sourcing & Contracts Unit.
- Act as a liaison with the Logistics Unit to ensure smooth progression of required changes to orders.
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day ordering processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed.
- Lead the troubleshooting of supplier and/or order-related challenges and define and implement corrective action in case of irregularities.
- Lead/Coordinate team functions and performance as required.
Client Relationship Management:
- Provide proactive customer service while working with a client account manager to service the customer or (senior) act as primary point of contact for customers, as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with the suppliers, funder/client, Client Account Manager, internal and external units, and partner organisations on procurement issues, as determined by contract.
- Ensure products are delivered in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, working collaboratively with Logistics Unit.
- Proactively identify procurement activities potentially impacting PFSCM’s and/or the project’s ability to perform its duties and advise the necessary stakeholders.
- Manage all procurement-related incidents; log incident into PFSCM Incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
- Travel to meet with PFSCM’s stakeholders to maintain relations, as necessary.
- Maintain system-related changes required on price estimates, price quotes and/or purchase orders throughout the procurement process in coordination with Client Account Manager, funder/client, and/or Logistics Specialists.
- Maintain and update ERP system at an order level to ensure internal data accuracy and external reporting are optimal.
- Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures; and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Perform procurement duties in a transparent and ethical manner.
- Identify/Seek opportunities for improvements in the operational processes and daily activities.
- Create/contribute to the development of work-instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Oversee day to day execution and act as an escalation point for exceptions for the Procurement Specialists; coach and mentor team members and support team member development and training in good procurement practice.
- Act as the subject matter expert by developing and sharing procurement and order fulfillment knowledge.
- Provide input into RFI and RFP responses, as requested.
- Manage projects as needed to enhance operational work flows and procurement.
Qualifications Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 3+years’ health/pharmaceuticals procurement experience.
- Experience with international donor agencies and/or national health programs preferred.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
- Experience in the international health/pharmaceuticals sector a plus.
- Experience working in a developing country a plus.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferably advanced user level of Excel.
- Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
- Fluency in English is required, another business language (French, Spanish) is a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service.
Priority Setting, Problem Solving, & Detail Orientation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to approach a problem from different cultural perspectives; and be aware and mindful of cultural differences.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
Additional Senior Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in public health, procurement, or equivalent experience, preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement of pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical products in public health sector.
- Significant experience with international donor agencies and/or national health programs is preferred.
- Strong action management including the ability to manage projects in the most cost efficient manner; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement, and the ability to make sound decisions under pressing conditions.
Good first and secondary benefits
6 month temporary contact
Apply for this Vacancy
Are you interested in this vacancy? Then click on 'Apply' and send us an up-to-date CV by calling Rudi Nefkens via +31 6 37383002. If this vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for, but you are looking for a different position, please contact us to discuss your career options.