Your new role
Our client, is one of the biggest logistics providers worldwide. In this role, you will be in close coordination with the North Europe and Nordics logistics and services procurement function, your role will be key in defining the procurement strategy, providing coaching and leadership to the team and being a business partner to site managers and facility managers to ensure alignment to the area business plan to support the ambitious logistics and services growth agenda.
What we need from you
- Accountable for site management procurement for all self-managed sites & offices,( Hamburg Sud, Senator Logistics, LF Logistics, Sealand and Twill), with a focus on strategic and spot requirements, facility management and office solutions.
- Lead a team of procurement professionals and facilitate the personal and functional development of the individual team members.
- Enable sustainable and profitable growth through best-in-class sourcing, optimising operational behaviours, performance management and supplier innovation.
- Lead and perform supplier market/category/supply risk analysis and develop Total Value Ownership model in collaboration with all internal customers.
- Establish and maintain supplier relations with key suppliers in the vendor base.
- Develop and maintain spend visibility by category and vendor for entire portfolio.
- Drive and support the development and implementation of digital solutions to optimise the procurement process and contract value handovers.
- Build close relations with site managers, product & execution managers and other senior area stakeholders and ensure a close alignment between commercial strategy and procurement plan.
- Engage/Lead in Annual Priorities, Joint Cost Plan initiatives and other cross functional projects.
- Support the cross functional procurement for outsourced warehousing / cold chain facilities and landside transportation as needed and collaborate with other areas and regions on cross geography procurement and best practises.
- Act as a point of escalation both internal and external.
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, Logistics; Engineering; Business Administration or related areas.
- Procurement and supply chain industry experience (5 years as minimum).
- Experience of leading teams is preferable but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable in engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders in an ambiguous environment, with an agile mindset.
- Strong planning and prioritizing skills to manage functional activities efficiently to meet deadlines in a complex self-managed site portfolio.
- Customer and process improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated market knowledge in logistics and/or facilities-services procurement.
- Track record of leading complex sourcing projects.
- Customer mindset: an understanding of how customer needs relate to procurement activities.
- Ability to constructively challenge the safe choice.
- Fluent business English is a must. - Fluency in either German, Polish and/or Dutch language is advantageous.
High proficiency working with Microsoft Office Products including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Power BI, and ERP.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
- 4 days a week working from home.
- 29 vacation days
- Parental leave
- Free Dutch classes
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Panagiotis Terzoudis now - 0646829521. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Panagiotis for a confidential discussion on your career. #1044483 #1044483