The company is a producer and supplier of aluminium products from thin sheet metal. They also produces aluminium fuel tanks, hydraulic tanks and related products for the automotive industry. Because the automotive industry is in full swing, they focused on the development and production of aluminium products that contribute to sustainable mobility. Specialising in supplying custom aluminium products, such as boxes for cargo bikes.
The Product Engineer's duties range from designing fuel tanks, tools, and modifying machines or having them modified, to implementing completely new production lines. For this you prepare technical calculations and/or specifications, you analyse processes for continuous improvement and you optimise the production processes. You report to the Manager Product Engineering & Business Development. This position is available for 40 hours per week.
- Offering support to the commercial process. Making design/proposal drawings based on (often limited) information using the CAD applications.
- Making calculations, estimating, among other things the machine hours to be deployed and the use of materials.
- Planning and participating in co-engineering projects. Discussing the details with Sales and/or in consultation with Sales directly with customer representatives.
- Managing engineering documentation, also outside the PLM system.
- Making constructive calculations. Switching with the FEM specialist (SAG corporate).
- Programming CAM systems. Taking care of the control and timely availability of the control software.
- Taking care of the work preparation, including uploading engineering and production data into ERP.
- Your responsibilities:Making/designing (innovative) design, detail design and production process choices.
- Making/designing (innovative) design, detail design and production process choices.
- Deciding on the release of product design for production.
- Identifying product technical, production technical and engineering technical improvement opportunities. • Timely delivery of the engineering products.
- Optimal production preparation by, among other things, compiling correct bills of materials and correct routing in ERP.
- HBO working and thinking level (in a technical direction, eg Mechanical Engineering).
- You have knowledge of production processes, engineering processes and IATF 16949 (automotive standard).
- You have experience with CAD systems (Pro Engineer, Creo) and CAM systems (Radan, LVD Cadman).
- You have experience in designing sheet metal and tube structures.
- You have experience working with ERP systems (BAAN is an advantage).
- You are a customer-oriented, flexible team player.
- Experience with LEAN and Six Sigma is an advantage.
- Strong communication skills where you can provide technical advice.
- Good command of both Dutch and English language.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1044716