Your new role
The Development Manager will be responsible for searching business premises in the Randstad for opening new company stores, analyzing profitability and evaluating potential locations. The development projects may be of existing buildings (brownfields) or new development (greenfields). He/she will produce viability studies and present them to the company management. The Development Manager will also be responsible for managing and negotiating contracts and will maintain good relations with all business partners. He/she will report to the Development Director Europe.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Identify and conceptualize new opportunities for self-storage facilities and opportunities for redevelopment throughout our existing portfolio of properties
- Perform feasibility studies including partner alliances to ensure success of new markets including legal, local, government regulations and business setup process
- Manage the entitlement process through the various governmental bodies
- Prepare financial feasibilities to justify investment decisions
- Lead negotiations with both internal and external constituencies
- Be the team leader for the design, entitlement and construction teams throughout the project
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate project development activities according to customer requirements
- Supervise development team on daily basis to execute assigned projects within deadlines and budget
- Assess potential risks and technical challenges and develop appropriate mitigation plans
- Perform competitor analysis and new retail site locations negotiations
- Master /Bachelor in Business, Law, Real Estate or Engineering, or similar through experience.
- 5-10 years of Real Estate development experience
- Real Estate experience in a retail environment is considered a plus.
- highly experienced in coordinating the entitlement process.
- Project management skills exhibited in managing numerous projects simultaneously toward timely completion
- Translates the company strategy or a given strategic direction to team
- Initiates and leads major change to achieve business growth
- Gets the best out of one's team by actively monitoring and evaluating performance and steering where required
About the organisation
- Mother tongue or ‘native’ level of the market’s language (Dutch)
- Good knowledge of English is required.
Our client is a company large in providing storage solutions. They are founded in 1970 and now have over 250 location with more than 700 employees in Europe.
What you will get in return
What you will have to do now
Apply directly via the application button. For questions you can contact Alex Broekmeulen via email@example.com or +316-11 42 55 47.