Your new role
The RF Power Applications Engineer enables Ampleon to design-in highly complex RF products that help Ampleon achieve its business goals with key customers. The RF Power Applications Engineer is also the key interface between the customers engineering organization and the Ampleon development and marketing team. The RF Power Applications Engineer builds and keeps close customer relationships enabling designs to move from design in to design win status.
Key area’s of accountability/responsibility:
- Support customers to create and optimize amplifier designs to their specific applications;
- Design, simulation and measurement of power amplifiers for wireless infrastructure;
- Develop application specific hardware and support documentation to demonstrate and evaluate product performance to the customer;
- Evaluate and verify product performance in reference with customer requirements;
- Translate customer amplifier requirements to transistor requirements and align with the internal development team to ensure we will develop the right product for the customer;
- Create competitive awareness by performance benchmarking;
- Be fully aware of competitor’s technical advantages and disadvantages in order to formulate the right strategy to win;
- Develop specific application knowledge to enable a complete Ampleon solution sell;
- Be pro-active in educating themselves about Ampleon technologies/applications either by self- development or by using Ampleon resources;
- Help organize customer support activity to delivery on time and make sure actions are completed and communicated on time.
What you'll need to succeed
This position requires a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or foreign equivalent. 2 years' RF design experience. 2 years’ experience with ADS. 2 years’ experience with RF testing. Expert of broadband PA’s, Doherty, ET, DPD, Semiconductor physics. Availability to travel internationally and nationally, up to approximately 10% of the time, with limited notice.
Your new company
Created in 2015, Ampleon is shaped by 55 years of RF power leadership and is set to exploit the full potential of data and energy transfer in RF. Its innovative, yet consistent portfolio offers products and solutions for a wide range of applications. As a global company with 1,650 employees worldwide, Ampleon has 16 offices spread across three continents: Europa, Asia and the Americas. The headquarters are situated on Novio Tech Campus in Nijmegen.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.