The COO Risk & Finance department delivers Risk & Finance related services to its stakeholders, i.e. Group Finance, country CFO’s and Wholesale Banking, Risk, Tax and Bank Treasury. These services encompass operations and change initiatives for accounting, reporting, data foundation and business advice services, including system, process, data and information management, and analytics capabilities. By design, the services are reliable, secure and in control. Change is delivered in accordance with the Finance strategy and implementation and decommissioning roadmap. The Tribe Statutory and Regulatory Reporting delivers and enables the organisation to provide on-time, high-quality, standardised financial reporting solutions, in compliance with external and internal regulations. As a Product Owner, you work in a squad with around 7-9 BA and Tech colleagues. Together, you work on squad’s common purpose. The Product Owner reports to the Chapter Lead.
Role and responsibilities
You will fulfill the Product Owner role within the squad. Additionally, you can provide support on change initiatives to the squad:
- Product owner: Together with the Tribe lead and other POs you own the delivery of the Tribe's purpose. Jointly you are responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the products and services of the Tribe. You manage stakeholders and dependencies, prioritise the backlog, and are clear about the product vision to guide your Squad(s) and keep focus. In addition to having a PO role, you belong to a Chapter in which you continually develop your craftsmanship and way of working.
- Change initiatives: You can independently translate the regulations into functional requirements and specifications. You and your colleagues will build these changes. After building you’ll perform a detailed functional test to make sure the changes are compliant with the functional requirements and applicable policies. You stay in close contact with the stakeholders responsible for actual reporting of the figures.
How to succeed
We are looking for an energetic and driven person with good domain knowledge of Finance and Regulatory Reporting. You are an excellent communicator and able to build bridges between different stakeholders. You can convincingly put forward your proposals and you are a real team player in reaching broad agreement on the road to follow. In this way, you can contribute to delivering standardised, uniform and fully adapted solutions to Finance issues and processes.
- University (Bachelor’s/Master’s) degree in (business) economics or a comparable field
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience as a BA with implementing and designing functional solutions in a financial institution
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Regulatory reporting
- Proven stakeholder management capabilities, excellent Communication skills, written communication, and power to convince
- Knowledge of banking products
- PSPO-I and Lean Foundation certified
- Knowledge of and experience with change delivery (intake, impact analysis, configuration, testing)
- Fluent in English
- Affinity towards TECH
- Knowledge of and experience with analyzing large data sets and its quality