Your new role
In this role you’re working in the supplier development team in the purchase department and are responsible for the stamping & forging commodity. You continuously encourage and motivate our supply base to evaluate and implement new state-of-art production technologies and achieve best-in-class performance on several disciplines (technical, quality, delivery, commercial etc.). Your technical knowledge, process expertise and lean / six sigma principles helps you to collaboratively set up, approve and continuously improve the existing suppliers processes.
By your activities we build the fundamentals for steady turbocharger production and continuously align our supply base with our customer’s expectations.
With your technical knowledge you will be further coached to become a process expert in one of the following commodities: turbine housing (iron casting and machining), compressor housing (aluminum casting and machining), actuator and electronic components, stamping & forging or plastic molding & small components.
MTEE’s suppliers are based all over the world. You are in daily contact with them and have regular visits to their plants. That’s how you lead development of processes, sign-off of processes and manage non-conformities to ensure timely mitigation of process design and manufacturing. You also function as initiator in the event a product design change is required.
What you'll need to succeed
Your new company
- At least 3 years’ experience in (Production) Engineering or Manufacturing
- Strong automotive Supplier Development background with IATF16949 and VDA experience and a strong technical background
- Experience in handling tense situations and create win-win solutions
- Experience in Production Engineering with Assembly, Casting and/or CNC machining, Project Management experience
- In terms of personality, you are decisive, independent and a great communicator and motivator. Your English language has to be fluent. You show leadership and influence over suppliers while securing excellent relationship at all time.
- Internally, you are able to lead improvement programs and share experience and knowledge with your colleagues. This position requires 20% to 40% business travel, mostly within Europe.
Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe (MTEE) is a global player in the field of
turbochargers for the automotive industry. Did you know that we have a 20% market share
in Europe? That means that 1 out of 5 cars in Europe are fitted with a turbo that was made
in Almere. For automotive to be able to contribute to global climate objectives, downsizing
(a smaller engine with greater power, possibly hybrid) is necessary. Using a turbocharger is
the best way to make this technically possible.
As our parent company is located in Japan, we work in close collaboration with a culture
known for its hospitality. And this shows in everything. From our production line in Almere,
we deliver directly to our OEMs all over Europe. All of our 700 employees make this
possible. Proud and dedicated, that’s what we are.
What you'll get in return
Working at Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe offers many rewards. From seeing
your concepts developed into actual turbo’s, to knowing that the finest car brands are
equipped with the product you have worked on. Volkswagen, BMW and Renault are just few
of many well-known names.
But there’s more! You can also expect:
- Pension plan
- Travel allowance
- Excellent benefits, including 27 days of leave + 5 collective days off
- Collective health insurance
- MTEE is member of the Collective Agreements (CAO) Metalektro
MTEE is involved in every facet of the turbo development. And we are just as committed to
your development. As it is important to us that you can follow your ambitions, we provide
various opportunities for advancement and/or expanding your knowledge.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2444554